The Splicers Collaboration
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Splicers Collaboration is a new Bioshock 2 clan.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dante's Inferno Gets Huge TV Spot

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grampa Chompski
Little Fish
Grampa Chompski

Dante's Inferno Gets Huge TV Spot Empty
PostSubject: Dante's Inferno Gets Huge TV Spot   Dante's Inferno Gets Huge TV Spot EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:13 pm

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/dante-s-inferno-making-super/1791

Of all games, Dante's Inferno gets a Super Bowl ad. I suppose it is a good game, so I'm glad to see it.
Back to top Go down
Oberael
Ares
Oberael

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno Gets Huge TV Spot   Dante's Inferno Gets Huge TV Spot EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:34 pm

I had been looking forward to that game for quite a long time because I'm intrigued by the poem that was the source material for the developers. Then I tried the demo. -.-
Back to top Go down
Grampa Chompski
Little Fish
Grampa Chompski

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno Gets Huge TV Spot   Dante's Inferno Gets Huge TV Spot EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Oberael wrote:
I had been looking forward to that game for quite a long time because I'm intrigued by the poem that was the source material for the developers. Then I tried the demo. -.-
Never read the poem but I will be in high school so soon. But I thought the game was fun. I know it doesn't stick to the standards of the poem cause me and my bro discussed it but I think they made it as accurate as possible without making a boring game.

And if you've played Left 4 Dead 2, the guy that brings you to all the places in the boat Virgil, I'm pretty sure is derived from the poem, the guy that takes Dante to hell. Just thought I'd throw that in there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Oberael
Ares
Oberael

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno Gets Huge TV Spot   Dante's Inferno Gets Huge TV Spot EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Grampa Chompski wrote:
And if you've played Left 4 Dead 2, the guy that brings you to all the places in the boat Virgil, I'm pretty sure is derived from the poem, the guy that takes Dante to hell. Just thought I'd throw that in there. Smile

Virgil was a Roman poet who guided Dante through the nine circles of hell in the poem, so in that respect they have stayed true to the poem. But Dante, as far as I'm aware, never fought in any crusades. I just thought that the mindless hack and slash mechanics served as a total clash to what is quite an intelligent story.
Back to top Go down
Grampa Chompski
Little Fish
Grampa Chompski

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno Gets Huge TV Spot   Dante's Inferno Gets Huge TV Spot EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:13 pm

Oberael wrote:
Grampa Chompski wrote:

Virgil was a Roman poet who guided Dante through the nine circles of hell in the poem, so in that respect they have stayed true to the poem. But Dante, as far as I'm aware, never fought in any crusades. I just thought that the mindless hack and slash mechanics served as a total clash to what is quite an intelligent story.
I know what you mean, my bro said the same thing. But let's face it, a game about a somewhat-wimpy little guy just examining hell and passing out a lot wouldn't make for a very good game, let alone probably crashing the sales of that company.
Back to top Go down
Oberael
Ares
Oberael

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno Gets Huge TV Spot   Dante's Inferno Gets Huge TV Spot EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 1:36 pm

Grampa Chompski wrote:
I know what you mean, my bro said the same thing. But let's face it, a game about a somewhat-wimpy little guy just examining hell and passing out a lot wouldn't make for a very good game, let alone probably crashing the sales of that company.

They could have made him a sort of mage-orientated character, couldn't they? Would make it more of an RPG, and certainly an altogether more interesting style of game as opposed to your standard hack and slash with a more unusual context.

Last edited by Oberael on Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
subliminaparanoia
Sea Slug

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno Gets Huge TV Spot   Dante's Inferno Gets Huge TV Spot EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:48 pm

I paid mine off yesterday I just need to get Dante's Inferno An Animated Epic. If your into manga and anime this movie will be right up your ally especially if you love blood and gore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Inferno Gets Huge TV Spot   Dante's Inferno Gets Huge TV Spot Empty

Back to top Go down

Dante's Inferno Gets Huge TV Spot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Splicers Collaboration :: Off-Topic :: Video Game Chat-
Jump to: