The Splicers Collaboration
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Splicers Collaboration is a new Bioshock 2 clan.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Magic Moments - Share your favourite in-game moments here - Spoilers!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Oberael
Ares
Oberael

Magic Moments - Share your favourite in-game moments here - Spoilers! Empty
PostSubject: Magic Moments - Share your favourite in-game moments here - Spoilers!   Magic Moments - Share your favourite in-game moments here - Spoilers! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:55 pm

I thought it would be good if we could share our single player experiences here - especially with such an array of possibilities as those that await the player in BioShock 2. Here are some of the memoralbe moments for me.

-Father Wales

Whilst the preacher was on the ground, I put a rocket spear in him. This caused his limp body to hover and circle in the air until the missile exploded.

-Trap Madness

In Fontaine Futuristics, during a gather, I set a series of charged Cyclone Traps around the area. (I do love the Trap plasmids.) A poor wee Toasty Splicer ran into my fire Cyclone Trap, was propelled forward into an electrified Cyclone Trap, and bounced into another fire trap. How we laughed at him as he flailed about!

-Spider Catcher

Pinned a Spider Splicer to the ceiling of the theatre. Not difficult to do if you time it right, but amusing all the same. (The shrieks they make as they day are also quite a source of amusement.)

-Everybody Panic!

In the corridor where you first find the Rocket Spears in Siren Alley, I went through the next door and shot the first Splicer I saw in the back. He ran around screaming "Get it off! Get it off!" as smoke and sparks poured off of his body.

-Headstand

In the vesitbule of Fontaine Futuristics, I used Telekinesis to pick up the first Alpha Series I killed so that I could examine it more closely. (I found the surprisingly healthy colour of the otherwise freakish-looking bulge protruding from a tear in the suit noteworthy.) I dropped him once I was finished and he landed on his head, resting on his forearms, with his knees bent. Took a picture on my phone which I might try and upload.

I think that all of these serve as perfect examples of how well BioShock manages physics. The only other game I have played that does this so well is Half-Life 2.

Thought unrelated to the gameplay itself, I loved the part of the final scene where Delta looks back at Rapture. The strings reach a solemn crescendo and you know that it is the last time he will look upon the city. Coupled with the opening scene in the bathysphere from the first game, I thought it served as a kind of bookend effect to the story.

Well then! Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Ryans number 1 fan
Poseidon
Ryans number 1 fan

PostSubject: Re: Magic Moments - Share your favourite in-game moments here - Spoilers!   Magic Moments - Share your favourite in-game moments here - Spoilers! EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:11 pm

Haha, those are pretty nice Very Happy I can remember one time where I shot a spear at a splicer and it missed so while it was in mid air I caught it and threw at the splicer and got a headshot not really anything great but still.
Back to top Go down
Grace Holloway
Sea Slug

PostSubject: Re: Magic Moments - Share your favourite in-game moments here - Spoilers!   Magic Moments - Share your favourite in-game moments here - Spoilers! EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Saving Grace
Back to top Go down
Oberael
Ares
Oberael

PostSubject: Re: Magic Moments - Share your favourite in-game moments here - Spoilers!   Magic Moments - Share your favourite in-game moments here - Spoilers! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:17 am

Ryans number 1 fan wrote:
Haha, those are pretty nice Very Happy I can remember one time where I shot a spear at a splicer and it missed so while it was in mid air I caught it and threw at the splicer and got a headshot not really anything great but still.

That's pretty cool. I don't tend to use Telekinesis much in combat situations, except when I find the odd explosive barrel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic Moments - Share your favourite in-game moments here - Spoilers!   Magic Moments - Share your favourite in-game moments here - Spoilers! Empty

Back to top Go down

Magic Moments - Share your favourite in-game moments here - Spoilers!
Page 1 of 1